Felicita “Cita” joined Griffith and Thornburgh in 2014, after spending seven years working at the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California, as a law clerk to the Honorable Robin L. Riblet (Ret.). She feels fortunate to have gained invaluable experience at the court, including an in-depth understanding of bankruptcy law and its broad impact in the community.
Cita is from Phoenix, Arizona, and prior to moving to Santa Barbara in 2002, she practiced law in Arizona at the Arizona Attorney General’s Office. Cita’s work at the Attorney General’s Office focused on addressing child abuse and dependency issues, and appellate work in the child welfare division.
Outside of work, Cita enjoys spending time with her husband and three children. Her family can often be found at the soccer fields or the library. If Cita finds any extra time in her day, she spends it reading, and welcomes any recommendations.
- Partner, Griffith & Thornburgh, LLP: 2018 – Present
- Associate, Griffith & Thornburgh, LLP: 2014 – 2017
- Law Clerk, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Central District, Northern Division: 2007 – 2014
- Attorney, Arizona Attorney General’s Office: 1999 – 2002
- Bankruptcy and insolvency issues
- Education Law
- Family Law
- Arizona State Bar Association 1998
- California State Bar Association 2014
- U.S. Central District of California 2014
- Harvard Law School, J.D. 1997, cum laude
- Articles Editor, Harvard Civil Rights-Civil Liberties Law Review
- Stanford University, B.A. Human Biology 1994