Bruce is a third generation Southern Californian. After first practicing law in Los Angeles, Bruce and his wife, Denise, moved to Santa Barbara in 1990 and joined Griffith & Thornburgh. His expertise in family law was nurtured by his earlier work as a family therapist and his degree in clinical social work. He and Denise live with their son, Spencer, two dogs, a cat, and six chickens. In his spare time, Bruce enjoys barbequing, gardening, golf, and travel. He is also an ardent follower of UCLA Bruin basketball and football.
- Of Counsel, Griffith & Thornburgh, LLP: 2023 – Present
- Partner, Griffith & Thornburgh, LLP: 1995 – 2022
- Associate, Griffith Thornburgh, LLP: 1990 – 1995
- Associate, Schaffer & Lax, Los Angeles, CA: 1988 – 1990
- Civil Trial and Litigation Practice
- Family Law – Divorces, Child Custody Disputes, Mediation
- Real Estate – Claims involving misrepresentation and failure to disclose the true condition of property by professionals and owners
- Construction and Design Defects – Defense and prosecution of claims against design professionals, developers, contractors and subcontractors for defectively constructed real property
- Personal Injury Law – Defense and prosecution of serious injury and death claims.
- Real Estate Law, Contracts and Business – Transaction and disputes
- State Bar of California
- Santa Barbara County Bar Association, Board of Directors 2003-4
- U.S. District Court, Central District
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- University of California at Los Angeles, AB, Psychology 1973
- University of California at Los Angeles, MSW, 1980
- Loyola Law School, JD, 1988
- Phi Delta Phi
- Recipient of American Jurisprudence Awards in: Products Liabilities, Ethics, Negotiations and Counseling.